Almost all of us have experienced accidental file loss at least once in life, and Windows Recycle Bin exists exactly for such cases. But what if an important file is removed even from the Recycle Bin? If you think that this file is gone forever, then you're wrong, as it still has a chance to be rescued with special data recovery software. Let's see how it works!
When a file is removed from the Recycle Bin, the system marks the sector this file once occupied as free, and it can be overwritten by new files. But until this sector is free, the file can be restored, so it's crucial to refrain from creating other files after the loss has been discovered.
How Data Recovery Software Works?
The datarecovery software of your choice will scan your computer's hard drive for all files that can still be rescued. Some data recovery tools enable you to narrow down the scan results by file type. Once you locate your lost file, you should:
- 1.Select the file.
- 2.Choose the drive where to recover deleted files (it should differ from the one you lost the file on; the best data recovery tools support even the external devices).
- 3.Start the data recovery process. This process is quite complicated as the software has to gather pieces of the file from all over the hard drive.
- 4.Get back your lost file!
How to Choose the Best Data Recovery Tool?
Two main criteria for datarecovery software that will make the recovery process faster and easier are:
- - Multiple file types support
- - External device support
Use these criteria when choosing the data recovery software to ensure ultimate data protection.